Thursday 10 December 2009

Swagger

Although I found myself running really late on Tuesday morning, I made it to The BBC Radio Theatre for 10am and enjoyed a whole 90 minutes of Mr Robbie Williams, singing and chatting to Richard Allinson (with a slight interuption by Mr Ken Bruce). I'm not a huge Robbie fan, but the opportunity to see him in front of 250 people was too good to miss. I was actually very impressed with the performance, and from a man with such a swagger, he came across as a very nice bloke!

The rest of the day was my own...and so in true lazy bum style I saunted down to the South Bank, taking my time and enjoying the fact that I was walking slowly whilst people were trying to push past me. I grabbed a programme from The National and went to sit in the BFI cafe with a cappucino. I headed off after an hour, returning to the manor, to meet Pip for some lunch (I cooked a wonderful green curry) and then sat in The Wells, with a mulled wine and a game of draughts. It felt like a Sunday!

Then, I was off again, back into W1 to rehearse with Rodrigo's Quiff (aka the 6 Music band) for the impending show tonight. We had a slightly ropey rehearsal, after which I headed out to The Kings Arms for a couple of Guinness's with Helen and Suse. I murdered the jukebox in there, I don't think the two blokes in the corner liked ABBA or MJ! Oh well...
I got home to the good lady wife and after a chat and a cocoa, went to sleep.

Wednesday morning brought with it a 6am run - something which I had planned with Sam a few days earlier, but had conveniently forgotten about...until the alarm went. ugh! We did our usual two mile stretch, and felt alive and well after it. After a shower, I raided the cupboard for anything that looked edible and stumbled across some sardines in a tin. "They'll do" I thought and wacked the contents onto two peices of toast. DELICIOUS! is the only word I can think to describe how they went down. I can see that becoming a new breakfast favourite - and so cheap!

Back in the office, work was pretty much the same as always. I met with a plugger, Jeff, from Northern Ireland who had some great new artists to talk about. He took me out for a Christmas sarnie at Pret and I in turn took a couple of cds off his hands. After work, I met up with the lovely guys from Rocket PR (Pru, Emma and Luke) We went for a few jars, in the festive spirit of course, at the Hat & Stick and enjoyed some tapas style dishes too. Calamari was the winner I think.

After sampling their red wine, just to check it was all ok you understand, I headed back (yet again) for the final rehearsal of Rodrigo's Quiff. It went BRILLIANTLY! Like all the peices of the band had finally fallen into place. I left, happy in the knowledge we weren't going to look a complete sham tonight at the Christmas Party. I went to the good lady's house and stayed the night, woken this morning by the same alarm that had woken me up at 6am the previous day. I didn't want to get up - but forced myself out into the freezing cold air. Once in work, I was quite awake...but now I'm flagging! Perhaps the adrenalin of performing tonight will wake me up????

No comments:

Post a Comment