Monday 7 December 2009

I asked Draco Malfoy out on a date

It turned out Saturday WAS a hoot...what a party! Judy - who was the birthday gal - had made some amazing Caribbean food, which I tucked into whole-heartedly before hitting the dancefloor and throwing some serious shapes. A few of Radio 2's finest were there, Mr Evans and his lovely wife included, and the party was still going strong when I left it (having to get a train back to London to get a much needed 6 hours in bed)

Sunday morning was slightly easier than the Saturday had been. I found myself waking easily at 5.15 and showering quite happily for a good 10 minutes to make sure I was fully alert. The show went well - with two very different guests making an appearance. The dancing sensation, Lionel Blair, joined us on the phone to play Celebrity Mastermind and Tom Felton (AKA Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter films) came into the studio. It was during a break in the middle of the interview, that I accidently asked him out on a date. Purely innocent you understand; I was trying to be polite! I wondered whether he had a lot of other PR stuff to do, so I asked "Are you doing anything later?" The whole studio errupted and I was left without a defence...I had tried to chat up a Harry Potter character - oh dear.

After the working day was done, I took my li'l sis for Sushi in Hampstead. We opted for the eat as much as like menu, and went in on the salmon skin rolls and chicken teryaki - amongst many other bits and bobs. After eating my body weight, I was shattered so spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa. Sam and I took in a few episodes of West Wing, we enjoyed a bit of pizza and then I took myself to bed.

This morning started early (considering it's meant to be my weekend) with a coffee and croissant in Giner and White. I read a few notes for an interview I had at 10, then set off to it...packing myself in with the other sardines on the Northern Line. The rest of the day was a leisurely one; I cooked a thai curry for lunch (should have just bought one, it wasn't great) and then caught up on a few programmes using my old trusty friend the iplayer.

I peeled myself off the sofa at 5 to head to South Bank. I met my friend Becks at Wagamama and grabbed a little bite before heading to The National Theatre. There, we met the munchkin (another friend) and took our seats for the performance of Brecht's, Mother Courage and All Her Children. The play starred Fiona Shaw (who was magnificent) and an aquaintence of mine, the brilliant, Duke Special (who had composed all of the songs used in the performance). Although 3 hours and 20 minutes long, the show was brilliant; well produced, well performed and all with great music.

I saunted back over the Embankment Bridge (it's quicker to go to Waterloo, rather than Embankment...but I don't think you can beat the view of London at night from that spot) and hopped on the Northern Line back home. I found myself sitting opposite Chip (Duke's percussionist) who I had just seen perform. I remembered myself to him and we had a catch up on all things musical, before he hopped off at Euston. When I arrived back at the manor, I had a sense of excitement - "I still have a day off tomorrow, I can have a lie in!" I thought: Not the case, I have to be in central by 10...but then, I am seeing Robbie Williams live at the BBC Radio Theatre, so I can't really complain...

1 comment:

  1. Corrupción política del perú -Gerry- Pederásta y Pedófilo Caso Maddie
    - Ocultar texto citado -
    El Fraude, Moneda Nacional
    En el pais de no me acueeeerdo ,
    doy tres pasitos y me pieeeeerdo
    se me cae, un billete y lo levanta el juez,
    “uy perdon” le digo y contesta “No importa, pase Ud.”
    Un campeonato ganado,
    otro arbritro comprado,
    Un cura que reclama ” Felices los niños”
    .. que yo abuse
    Y clarin siempre diciendo , La pura Verdad,
    que el presidente de turno quiere escuchar
    Compren, compren, se venden libertades,
    se venden al por mayor , abogados corruptos y fiscales tambien
    seis tiros en la cabeza que el dinero no pudo ocultar
    hay silencios que son muy caros pero mas caro es el hablar,
    algun medio pagara, esta excusiva de verdad
    Habilitamos lo que sea por un cafe y algo mas,
    digame lo que necesita, cualquier cosa se consigue
    el diego, lo podemos conversar
    Y hablando de Diego, pobre muchacho
    que fraude le hicieron, se parece al electoral ,
    por un punto mas de raiting una bebe queda sin hogar ,
    es que la TV es tirana y del Monstruo mejor ni hablar
    Ya para ir dejando el Verso que es moneda nacional,y los medios informatiiiiic.....voooooos...que no parán de tapár y
    sí para nosotros ya tenemos a telefonica que nos mándaaa a reeecargáaáár,aqui todo el múndo a robár, con el mónstruo de góóógle que nos manipulaaaaaaaa
    para que nos tápeeeen la voca con sus masters dirigiiiiiendonos sí débemos estár, para que luego llegue él més y a paaaaagar a todos el fraude la moneda nacional ....con el control de google tódos estámos yáááá y los tontos alimééééntar....?quiéééén nóóós quééééda yáááá¿...Todos los deréchos nós lós están violándo.........

    ReplyDelete