Saturday 12 December 2009

And so to bed...

Well, the Christmas party was a great success. Rodrigo's Quiff, the band and the actual quiff, rocked the socks off of everyone. We flew through the set at high speed, with stand-out performances from Mr Shaun Keaveny and Tom Robinson and stirling work from the rest of the band. I was just happy I managed to get through the drumming on "Punka"!

After several (9) Desparados and some amazing dancing, I decided to take the plunge and go home (well, it was 1am!) I set off into the cold night, with the lovely Rosa, and got a bus home from Euston, having stuffed my face with a Subway (oh dear) I dropped into bed and slept badly.

Friday started slowly, but after a coffee and some Pret A Manger loving (ie a cheese and bacon croissant) I got my arse in to gear and headed down to the Grovesnor Hotel in Park Lane, to join the many journo bods who were getting ready to interview Celia Imrie and Rupert Everret, and the lovely Tamsin Eggeton and Talulah Riley. After a lot of waiting...and more coffee...I was given 5 minutes on a plush sofa with Rupert and Celia, and another five minutes at a table with Talulah and Tamsin.

And so the day went on...and by 4, I had hit "the wall". Luckily, my good friend Morgan had arranged a nice thai meal for us (and Helen and Susie) at Mango Tree in Victoria, so I had something to look forward to. We went for din dins at 6 and then I headed out to Clapham to meet the good lady wife and her flatmates for a drink and a trip to Inferno's (that's right, Clapham's premier nightclub) Due to the 5am start the next day, I didn't stay long!

I struggled to get up this morning, but made it in to work (just!) and had a great morning show. The working day is nearly over, and all I can think about is crashing out on the sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment